Monday, August 29, 2011

Summer Reading Reflection - "Rich Dad Poor Dad"

The book recommended to me by my father is called "Rich Dad Poor Dad", a book about managing money, becoming successful and possibly retiring early by learning what to do when you have money, doing things such as investing in Assets such as bonds and stocks, rather than a house or job, known in Robert Kiyosaki's world as liabilities. My father recommended this book to me because he had read it and knew for fact that I could take in many ideas from this book to help me become a successful person after moving out of his house.

I took in many new ideas from this story, however, the one that I actually noticed the most was having your company make money for you and buy you objects such as a new car and a home. Robert's company was a real estate buyer's and seller's company, which allowed him to make money fairly quickly. Because he was fruitful in his efforts to make money for the company, not himself, he didn't really have to pay taxes on the money he was earning, and his company could just keep on earning money and buy objects of desire for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment