Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sustainability Visits - Blog post - Reflections

1. What struck me about the locations I went to? Well, The farmers market I went to was pretty huge, filled with huge amounts of tents to as far as the eye can see, most of the people there being farmers, and the rest being some kind of an object seller, or an advertising restaurant.

2. Many of the items that were cheaper than I expected were out-of-season items, like corn and other stuff like that.

3. I might still continue going to a farmers market every so often, but I wont want to go through the trouble of getting to a community garden and a CSA again, taking me forever to get to them.

4. These locations fit into our questions of “Why Don’t People Live More Sustainably?” and “How Can I Convince them to do So?” by people going there to avoid using their cars and take public transit, and to not use processed goods, but food from the source so it eliminates the added in chemicals from the facilities, leaving you with the (hopefully) clean food.

No comments:

Post a Comment