Monday, November 9, 2009

<- Hero In My Eyes - Project Reflection ->


The hero in my eyes project's main question was "How does a hero become a hero?" I really thought that to become a hero, you had to be named so by people, based on viewpoint or perspective. This project was about writing a story on a person whom you felt was a personal hero to you, in which I picked my father.
The steps I took to complete our project were:
1. We completed an interview with our hero.
2. We made a character sketch describing the moment.
3. We critiqued each other's papers. ( I was almost late...)
4. We changed our papers and modified them, then printed them out again.
5. Charlotte then checked our papers and added corrections.
6. We fixed the paper (yet again) and finished with that.
7. Finally, we used a template Charlotte created to make the same looking type of paper like in the books with famous medal of honor people.
8. We finished the project.
I really learned that heroes are more than just flashy people in pajamas, that they really are mainly people who help out with people, and help to solve their problems. Many of the challenges I encountered included the deadlines, but I could have tried to get extensions on time. Next time, I will try to have the work printed out by the date, and this will really help me by actually getting me full credit instead of half.
The habit of mind that I really used was innovation, because I really was using my own style of writing rather than the usual type of describing a hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment